Monday, September 15, 2008

Whew!!!!

Today I was determined to get back on track. Uh-oh. The funny thing about that idea is when your trying to raise 5 independent, thinking individuals, (and one husband) that is a lot of tracks to well, keep track of. (Until, they are independent, thinking individuals. And I mean the kids, Bart does pretty well for himself. :))
So as a salute to myself, I'm going to list what we did today. Follow along if you so desire.
-Got up at 6:30 AM with baby. Had personal scripture. Made breakfast for my Dad who was stopping in and had an early meeting.
-Devotional with Family. Kids put to right their bedrooms, I put together breakfast. (Hubby very helpful)
-Eat breakfast. Kids wash their own bowl and spoon. ( I have no dishwasher so I employ 4, Enoch, Eli, Joel and Naomi.)
-We divvied up chores during breakfast, so then we did our chores. I did mine, and gave assistance to those who needed help. (Thanks Naomi for watering the plants.) Best two year old ever! :) While I finish up my chores kids do activity books.
-Got together for "Mom school." Well, all except Eli who wasn't finished with chores yet. I won't badger you, you just start missing out.
-We are studying the middle ages for "mom school" this year. We talked about ideas, schedules and our cool new school supplies. We read out of our Book of Mormon readers for our Ward's Book of Mormon challenge.
-Designed and Decorate our personal notebooks for this year.
-Snack
- Sneak laundry in many times of the day.
-Did another art project with some of our cool, new, supplies.
-Naomi needed attention, played "memory" with her and other kiddos joined. (North American wildlife memory no less, thanks Grandma. )
-Lunch
-Joel break. He's tired and stressing. SO he and I hide in a room and read a few books. Grab Naomi to read a book and put her down for a nap.
-Mom study time. Make a list of all the cool things I would do and study if I had any money. :) Enoch and I practice our cursive. (Yes, I said Enoch and I.
-20 minutes outside, we play around and dehead flowers.
-Silent reading time. We all read books for 30 minutes then all who wanted to, read a book to the group or shared a favorite part of their reading.
-We clean out the Suburban. After our long trip to Utah, (did I mention that?) We had to empty it and vacuum it. Ironically, the "stuff" is now sitting in two boxes in the kitchen.
-Free time. Everyone plays, while Mom sorts mail, does laundry, etc.
-We ALL make dinner. Joel watches and flips eggs, Eli toasts the english muffins, Enoch slices cheese, and cuts the green pepper, and Naomi sits on the floor and peels a carrot. (Peels onto a cookies sheet.) Mom supervises and washes dishes. The scene reminds me of the breakfast scene on "Cheaper By the Dozen," with kids everywhere in the kitchen, but that's how we like it. Yes, we had egg and cheese sandwiches, but hey, there were pepper slices and carrots on the side! :)
-Clean up dinner in the kitchen.
-We got outside to have our FHE treat. (homemade Popsicle) Yes, we have the treat right after dinner. We decided it's the best way to let the sugar run it's course BEFORE bed.
-Enjoy outside so much we decided to have the activity first and played frisbee.
-Come in and clean up for bed and the rest of FHE. Bathe three younger ones who are covered in "treat." All children get a room to pick up, helped by Dad, Mom vacuums under the dining room table from dinner.
-FHE Lesson.
-Brush teeth, go potty, put away your clean clothes, etc. TO BED! Pray, Read three books, Sing one song. Leave room.
-Bart and I sit and sip our peach tea, eat our shortbread. (which I made this morning did I mention that?) (Thanks Amber for a new tradition!) Relax and look over the Pier One Catalog. Not impressed. Look over Diabetic Cooking that comes in the mail for my Dad, actually find some good recipes.
-Bart working, I"m blogging, and will hopefully be going to bed soon.
I read this this post and think sure, I also took care of Baby Nathan, changed two kids diapers continually, returned phone calls, etc. But it doesn't sound like so much written down. SO why am I wondering: When do I find time to plan for tomorrow?

6 comments:

kd said...

You are superwoman! And yay to the best two year old ever for watering plants and peeling carrots. I don't know what crazy tea you're sipping makes you read over your day and think it doesn't sound like much! All I did yesterday was get Isaac to school, can peaches, pick up Isaac & buy more peaches, do more canning, then outside playtime, then dinner followed by pickup party, and then FHE, which was mainly baking oatmeal cookies together with Dad (treat & activity combined) and doing the math for how many cookies we'd end up with and dividing them by how many families we could deliver them to. See? That is a short list.

On another note, I was all kinds of melodramatic mad at myself after your vehicle pulled away from my house on Friday and I had not gotten a picture of your family!!! Thanks for a great visit anyway, though to me it's like something didn't happen if I don't have photographic evidence.

Katie said...

Jen, sounds like a great day; what I want to know is what is on your list to learn and do (when you have money!!!) Here's MY no money short list: learn Spanish, read classic lit from the middle ages: Ivanhoe, Robinhood, Dante, 12 plays from Shakespeare, the Canterbury Tales. Make a 4 year rotation organic companion garden plan for next year. Get in the habit of waking up EARLY to exercise and get my big butt down to size. Like 2 sizes. Last thing: finish making "Kid skills" book for my kids. I've got 5 topics done but I want to have about 10. Renew my habit of daily scripture STUDY not just BoM readers with the kids! Want to join me on any of it?

J Bailey said...

So since you have time on your hands you have been TAGGED....

go to my blog to read what you get to do.....
Annalynn

D'oh Bart! said...

Okay guys, I admit none of the other days have been as crazy as Monday. I think Monday is bad even at home because you have to recuperate from taking the weekend off.
Kerri, Sounds like you did plenty to me. I wish I could can peaches. I realized later that I didn't get any pictures either. Bummer!
Katie- I think your more insane than me. I'll email you about what yoru doing.

D'oh Bart! said...

I need to stop posting as Bart.:)

Snorkelgirl said...

I've always known you were an amazing person... but this just goes to prove it! Hope you all are doing well. I love the banner picture with the masks.... so cute!