Friday, May 15, 2009

My awesome children

I have the best children, have I mentioned that? A few days ago I really enjoyed noting all the neat things they do.
Enoch was in charge of cleaning one of the bathrooms. He took Nathan in with him and invited him to help him wash the mirror and the bathtub. They had a ball! Nathan loved being able to help and Enoch did such a great job with him. Enoch is a great buddy and mentor to our little toddler!
That same day, when it was Nathan 's nap time, Naomi asked if she could help put him to bed. She covered him with his blanket, gave him his puppy dog, and kissed him.
Joel has been so good about hopping to it lately. When he is given an assignment he has been great at getting it done immediately and without complaining. What a relief! :)
Eli is often my content one. He's the one that is happy to move to a different spot if someone absolutely has to have the one he's in, understands that sometimes I need to take care of the littles first and doesn't worry what everyone else has compared to him. He also LOVES to make new friends. He will love you whoever you are. (Obviously we need to watch that but an admirable trait all the same. :))
Nathan is his sweet, loving , cuddly self. He's the type of toddler that makes you want to always have a toddler. He's joyous and spreads it easily.
It's so nice to have Ben at the point he is at. He still has awhile and I'm scared to death of bring him home. However, it's nice to be able to get him out of his crib and feel like he is a newborn instead of a really small being grasping at life. He is so patient and quiet. One of the nurses told me that she loves working with him because he has such a feeling of peace about him.

PS .I took a great new picture of Ben and when I went to upload it, the batteries died on the camera. *sigh* Will get a new picture up soon!

2 comments:

kd said...

You DO have awesome children! Can't wait to see the great recent pic of little Ben... Hmmm. I'm thinking "Big Ben" is a classic nick-name for him, actually!

Char said...

Those are awesome kids! They are real sweethearts! It was fun to see Ben last weekend and super excited he is gaing so much weight!